Become a Volunteer at East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry
Types of Volunteer Opportunities:
Listed below are the types of volunteer services at EFBHNM.
- Preparing and giving food orders to clients
- Sorting & restocking donations
- Interviewing clients
- Donation pick-ups from area grocery stores and restaurants
Tri-City Churches Resale Shop:
- Sorting donations
- Helping customers
- Organizing/cleaning shop
Other Ministry Programs:
- Financial Assistance
- Food Fairs (4th Thursday of the month)
- Special events (i.e. holiday baskets, school supplies drive)
- Annual Empty Bowls fundraiser
- Administrative tasks (reception, data entry, other clerical)
Current Volunteer Needs & Opportunities:
Listed below are the volunteer positions available for individuals to fill as soon as possible. Please note that our volunteer opportunities are always changing. If our current needs do not work with your availability, please check back in a few weeks for new opportunities!
- Pantry Warehouse Helper: responsible for behind-the-scenes pantry tasks, such as stocking, and loading and unloading items onto the food trucks; must be able to lift 30-50 pounds
- Fridays from 10am-2pm
- Pantry Food Order Helper: responsible for bagging and preparing food orders for clients
- 1st Monday of every month from 6pm-8pm
- Receptionist: Responsible for checking in clients; must have basic computer skills
- 1st and 2nd Thursdays of every month
- Assistant to Financial Aid Phone Screener: responsible for assisting the volunteer in charge of scheduling financial aid appointments by pulling client files, etc.
- Tuesdays from 9:45am-1pm
- Price Tagging, Donation Sorting and/or Customer Assistance:
- Monday-Saturday from 10am-4pm (for any amount of time, on any day during that time-frame)
How to Volunteer:
Booking a Group:
For one-time group inquiries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Jordan Keyes, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that group members must be at least 10 years of age and groups are typically smaller than 15 people.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions!