Types of Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry. Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Listed below are some of the many volunteer positions at EFBHNM.
- Food Pantry: preparing food orders, sorting & restocking donations, interviewing clients
- Financial Assistance: interviewing clients and recording information into digital database
- Resale Shop: sorting donations, helping customers, organizing/cleaning shop
- Special Events: volunteering for annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, holiday baskets, school supplies drive
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks such as reception, data entry, etc.
Current Volunteer Needs & Opportunities:
Listed below are the volunteer positions available for individuals to fill as soon as possible. Please note that our volunteer opportunities are always changing. If our current needs do not work with your availability, please check back in a few weeks for new opportunities!
- Receptionist: responsible for answering phones, making copies, etc.
- Mondays from 10:00am-1:00pm
- Receptionist’s Assistant: responsible for assisting receptionist by checking in clients and pulling files
- Thursdays from 10:00am-1:30pm
- Price Tagging, Donation Sorting and/or Customer Assistance:
- Monday-Saturday from 10am-4pm (for any amount of time, on any day during that time-frame)
How to Volunteer:
Booking a Group:
For one-time group inquiries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Jordan Keyes, at email@example.com. Please note:
- Group members must be in 5th grade or above
- Groups are typically smaller than 15 people
- Group opportunities at the food pantry occur Monday – Friday (small groups may be accepted on Saturdays at the resale shop)
- Groups do not need to complete the orientation or application. Members must sign a group release waiver in advance or upon arrival.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!