How to Volunteer (Individuals):
How to Volunteer (Groups):
Our group opportunities right now are very limited due to COVID-19 and we have changed some of our procedures. For group inquiries, email email@example.com. Please note:
- Group members must be in high school or above
- Groups are typically capped around 10 people
- Group opportunities at the food pantry occur Monday – Friday during business hours (with a rare occasion of a Saturday around the holidays)
- Groups do not need to complete the orientation or application. Members must sign a group release waiver in advance or upon arrival.
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Assistant Warehouse Food Processor: responsible for receiving, sorting, recording and weighing the daily donations from stores; someone who is detail-oriented would be ideal
- 1st, 3rd and sometimes 5th Thursdays (approx. twice/month) from 8:15am-12:30pm
- Food Pantry Helper: responsible for placing food items into bags and/or shopping carts for clients
- Every Other Tuesday from 9:30am-12:30pm
- ESFO (food bag) Helper: responsible for assembling the enhanced supplemental food orders behind-the-scenes in
advance of distribution by placing specific items into bags
- Every Other Monday from 8:30am-11:30am)
- Resale Shop Processing Volunteer: responsible for processing the donations at the resale shop upon receiving
- Any day Tuesday – Friday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
- Resale Shop Donation Receiver: responsible for receiving donations upon drop off and/or assisting in other areas as needed.
- Tuesday or Wednesday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry! Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Our volunteer opportunities are always changing. Listed below are some additional positions at EFBHNM.
- Fundraising: join our Empty Bowls committee
- Special Events: volunteering at our annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, Outrun Hunger Family 5K Walk & Run, holiday baskets, school supplies drive, etc.
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks behind-the-scenes such as data entry, etc.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!