***Due to COVID-19, we are working with less volunteers than usual in order to maintain social distancing when possible. The health of our volunteers and clients is of the upmost importance to us.***
How to Volunteer (Individuals):
How to Volunteer (Groups):
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Warehouse Food Sorter: responsible for sorting and storing food donations by category and/or expiration date
- Tuesday, Thursday or Friday for any amount of time between 12-4pm (*Prior to starting on one of the days listed, one week of training will need to occur on Monday and Wednesday from 8:15am-12:30pm)
- Assistant to Truck Driver: responsible for riding along on the ministry’s truck to pick up donations and assisting with the loading and unloading of the donations
- Every Other Thursday (approximately 2/month) from 8am-12:30pm (preferably starting in June)
- Warehouse Liaison: responsible for keeping the food pantry stocked by transferring food between the warehouse and the pantry; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Every Other Friday (approximately 2/month) from 10am-12pm
- Warehouse Cleaner: responsible for the moving and breaking down of boxes and other end of day cleaning tasks
- Every Other Tuesday (approximately 2/month) from 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Kid Sacks Packager : responsible for placing food donations into paper bags and storing completed bags in warehouse
- Wednesdays from 8:30am-11:30am (preferably starting in June)
- Resale Shop Donation Receiver: responsible for receiving donations upon drop off and/or assisting in other areas as needed.
- Tuesday or Wednesday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry! Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Our volunteer opportunities are always changing. Listed below are some additional positions at EFBHNM.
- Fundraising: join our Empty Bowls committee
- Special Events: volunteering at our annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, Outrun Hunger Family 5K Walk & Run, holiday baskets, school supplies drive, etc.
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks behind-the-scenes such as data entry, etc.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!