How to Volunteer (Individuals):
Volunteer at Tri-City Churches Resale Shop (September)
Current Volunteer Needs:
Listed below are the volunteer positions available for individuals to fill as soon as possible. Please note that our volunteer opportunities are always changing. If our current needs do not work with your availability, please check back in a few weeks for new opportunities!
- General Resale Shop Helper: could be responsible for a wide variety of tasks such as sorting and displaying donations, cleaning/organizing the store, assisting customers, bagging merchandise, etc.
- Any day Monday-Saturday: any amount of time between 10:00am-4:00pm (and open later until 6:00pm on Wednesdays)
- Furniture Helper: responsible for helping with furniture deliveries and pick-ups (requires some heavy lifting)
- Any day Monday – Saturday: any amount of time between 10:00am-4:00pm
- Food Pantry Helper: responsible for bagging items of food and assisting clients by loading the food into cars
- Wednesday (2/month): 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Warehouse Helper: responsible for working behind-the-scenes by stocking shelves (requires much standing and lifting)
- Any day Monday – Friday: 9:00am-1:00pm (for about a 3 hour shift; you can choose exact hours)
How to Volunteer (Groups):
For group inquiries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Jordan Keyes, at email@example.com. Please note:
- Group members must be in 5th grade or above
- Groups are typically smaller than 15 people
- Group opportunities at the food pantry occur Monday – Friday (small groups may be available on Saturdays at the resale shop)
- Groups do not need to complete the orientation or application. Members must sign a group release waiver in advance or upon arrival.
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry! Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Our volunteer opportunities are always changing. Listed below are some additional positions at EFBHNM.
- Fundraising: join our Empty Bowls committee
- Special Events: volunteering at our annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, Outrun Hunger Family 5K Walk & Run, holiday baskets, school supplies drive, etc.
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks behind-the-scenes such as data entry, etc.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!