How to Volunteer (Individuals):
How to Volunteer (Groups):
Current Volunteer Needs:
- *Urgent* – Warehouse Food Processor: responsible for receiving, sorting, recording and weighing the daily donations from stores; someone who is detail-oriented would be ideal
- Thursdays from 8:15am-12:30pm
- Front Door Monitor: responsible for opening the doors to the clients and monitoring the number of clients in the lobby at one time
- Every Other Friday (approx. 2/month) from 9:30am-12:00pm (preferably starting in June)
- Warehouse Food Sorter: responsible for sorting and storing food donations by category and/or expiration date
- Tuesday, Thursday or Friday for any amount of time between 12-4pm (*Prior to starting on one of the days listed, one week of training will need to occur on Monday and Wednesday from 8:15am-12:30pm)
- Assistant to Truck Driver: responsible for riding along on the ministry’s truck to pick up donations and assisting with the loading and unloading of the donations
- Every Other Thursday (approximately 2/month) from 8am-12:30pm (preferably starting in June)
- Warehouse Liaison: responsible for keeping the food pantry stocked by transferring food between the warehouse and the pantry; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Every Other Friday (approximately 2/month) from 10am-12pm
- General Warehouse Volunteer: responsible for lifting, storing and sorting food and hygiene products
- Any day Monday – Friday for any amount of time between 8:30am-3pm
- Resale Shop Processing Volunteer: responsible for processing the donations at the resale shop upon receiving
- Any day Tuesday – Friday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
- Resale Shop Donation Receiver: responsible for receiving donations upon drop off and/or assisting in other areas as needed.
- Tuesday or Wednesday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry! Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Our volunteer opportunities are always changing. Listed below are some additional positions at EFBHNM.
- Fundraising: join our Empty Bowls committee
- Special Events: volunteering at our annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, Outrun Hunger Family 5K Walk & Run, holiday baskets, school supplies drive, etc.
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks behind-the-scenes such as data entry, etc.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!