Current Volunteer Needs:
Listed below are the volunteer positions available for individuals to fill as soon as possible. Please note that our volunteer opportunities are always changing. If our current needs do not work with your availability, please check back in a few weeks for new opportunities!
There are many volunteer opportunities at our resale shop on Monday-Saturday (for volunteers of high school age or above)! Please click the following link which will lead you to SignUpGenius to volunteer at our resale shop: Volunteer at Tri-City Churches Resale Shop
- Food Pantry Helper: responsible for bagging items of food and assisting clients by loading the food into cars
- Every Other Tuesday: 10:00am-1:30pm
- Every Other Friday: 10:00am-1:30pm
- Warehouse Helper: responsible for working behind-the-scenes by stocking shelves and loading trucks
- Mondays and/or Wednesdays: 9:00am-2:00pm (for only a 3-hour shift; you can choose exact hours)
- Tuesdays from 9:00am-1:30pm
- Thursdays from 8:00am-11:30am
- Phone Screener and/or Assistant: responsible for gathering information from potential client on the phone to set financial appointments
- Tuesdays from 9:45am-1:00pm
- Receptionist’s Assistant: responsible for assisting receptionist by answering phones as needed, checking in clients and pulling files
- Every Other Friday from 10:00am-1:30pm
How to Volunteer (Individuals):
How to Volunteer (Groups):
For group inquiries, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Jordan Keyes, at email@example.com. Please note:
- Group members must be in 5th grade or above
- Groups are typically smaller than 15 people
- Group opportunities at the food pantry occur Monday – Friday (small groups may be available on Saturdays at the resale shop)
- Groups do not need to complete the orientation or application. Members must sign a group release waiver in advance or upon arrival.
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry! Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Our volunteer opportunities are always changing. Listed below are some additional positions at EFBHNM.
- Fundraising: join our Empty Bowls committee
- Special Events: volunteering at our annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, Outrun Hunger Family 5K Walk & Run, holiday baskets, school supplies drive, etc.
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks behind-the-scenes such as data entry, etc.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!