How to Volunteer (Individuals):
How to Volunteer (Groups):
Current Volunteer Needs:
- *Urgent* – Assistant Warehouse Food Processor: responsible for receiving, sorting, recording and weighing the daily donations from stores; someone who is detail-oriented would be ideal
- Thursdays from 8:15am-12:30pm
- Fridays from 9am-11:30am
- Warehouse Liaison: responsible for keeping the food pantry stocked by transferring food between the warehouse and the pantry; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Every Other Friday (approximately 2/month) from 10am-12pm
- Substitute Truck Driver: responsible for volunteering occasionally on an as-needed basis by driving or riding along on the ministry’s truck to pick up donations and assist with the loading and unloading of donations. Someone with a flexible schedule who could be called with short notice to volunteer is ideal.
- As-needed Monday – Friday (usually in the mornings)
- Resale Shop Processing Volunteer: responsible for processing the donations at the resale shop upon receiving
- Any day Tuesday – Friday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
- Resale Shop Donation Receiver: responsible for receiving donations upon drop off and/or assisting in other areas as needed.
- Tuesday or Wednesday for any amount of time between 10am-4pm
Future Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are an integral part of East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry! Each month hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to help our community. Our volunteer opportunities are always changing. Listed below are some additional positions at EFBHNM.
- Fundraising: join our Empty Bowls committee
- Special Events: volunteering at our annual Empty Bowls fundraiser, Outrun Hunger Family 5K Walk & Run, holiday baskets, school supplies drive, etc.
- General Ministry: helping with administrative tasks behind-the-scenes such as data entry, etc.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions!