We rely upon food donations from the community. Consider organizing a food drive with your neighborhood, church, office or civic group.
WHO will receive the food your group collects?
The East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry Food Pantry serves all east Fort Bend County residents, which includes residents living in Fort Bend Independent and Stafford Municipal School Districts. EFBHNM has been feeding families in need since 1990.
WHO is eligible for food help?
Families and individuals living in our community who are in need of food! No local resident is turned away empty-handed! Those not living in our service area are given a one-time supplemental order and referred to a food pantry near their home.
WHO provides the pantry with food?
We receive food donations from many sources: churches, businesses, civic organizations, scouts, individuals, grocery stores and restaurants. It takes support from the entire community to keep the Food Pantry stocked and ready to help feed those in our Fort Bend neighbors who are struggling to makes ends meet and have nowhere else to turn.
WHAT items should we collect?
Non-perishable foods and household items such as:
- Canned Meats (tuna, chicken)
- Peanut Butter
- Beans, dried or canned
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits and juices
- Corn meal
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cooking oil
- Soups, dried and canned
- Jelly or jam
- Canned or dried pasta
- Laundry & clothing detergents
- Toiletries (toilet paper, tooth paste/brush, feminine products)
HOW can your business or group hold a food drive?
- Select a date.
- Notify the East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry Food Pantry of your plans by calling 281-261-1006.
- Designate a Food Drive Coordinator.
- Publicize your food drive! Spread the word through posters, bulletin boards, email and newsletters.
- Have a contest. Let one group compete against another.
- Have an event! Use food donations as admission or as a discount for admission.
- Have a collection box where food can be deposited. We have donation bins available. Just let us know you would like one.
- Designate a transportation committee to deliver the food to the pantry.
- Make delivery plans with the Food Pantry contact person.